中国女生维珍航空被种族歧视事件 (转载) 楼下有层主更新报道。

求这个组织啊!!!!!!

那个mm应该在英国几年了,她被热家歧视语言时候,她大声问会是英语不错了。赶她下飞机绝对影响了她情绪,而不是简单误听而已。mm让海关警惕只有用严重情形申报而已也没有效果

一直关注这事儿,你们看到最新进展了吗? Virgin的创始人Richard分分钟把话题转移到对残疾人的歧视上,简直是颠倒黑白!

有人建议给shareholder和董事会写信,会有用吗? 中国乘客在英国 Virgin Atlantic 上受到种族歧视,应该如何维权? - 知乎

觉得当事人先在社交媒体上造势的做法可能太着急了,如果先跟CEO 投诉,也许现在就解决了,唉

一位目击者颜小姐表示,没听见空服员要求该名中国女子下飞机,怀疑女子是因为自行换位引发争执,但当事人否认,声称自已是因为座位上没有耳机到别的地方找耳机。

还有一名同机乘客Catherine Jones在《Shanghailist》报导下方留言,指中国女子并非在找耳机,而是想在起飞前换座位,白人男子则告诉她不要这么做,随后两人发生争执。

更有说法指,这名白人男子和中国女子是同行者。

这起事件的一位目击者颜小姐确认,航班起飞前确实有一位白人男子在机舱里大骂一名中国女子。她表示,事发时自己听到有人用英语连说着侮辱性的词语以及“滚回你的座位去”。

对于因女子到飞机后排占空余座位才引发冲突的怀疑,当事人刘维表示,自己座位上没有耳机,所以打算去后排没人的座位上找找,并非想换座位,也未影响他人。

刘维说,被骂之后,来了一个男性空乘人员,简单了解了情况。她说:“空乘让我不要再跟他吵架了,让我尊重一下其他乘客,否则会立即将我赶下飞机。”

抵达上海后,刘维向维珍总部投诉此事。同时,她在微博上发布了相关文章,引发众多网友关注。

我看了有目击者的新闻,那个男人确实是精神有问题的残疾人。当事人也说这个人会翻白眼并浑身颤抖。我遇到过这样的人,似乎控制不住的骂周边的人,是一种病,不想找气受最好的办法就是离越远越好,想让精神病给道歉应该比较难,不然就不是精神病了。如果不是精神有问题,你可以和他理论,如果是精神病你怎么和他理论呢?这种情况特别是在这么有限的空间内,息事宁人是上选,不然有可能威胁到其他人的安全。

目击者那个女生有回骂过,被工作人员制止了,当时肯定是很激动的,这种情况特别是在工作人员甚至是警察来了的话,千万不要再去骂脏字,要骂也不要骂带脏字的。因为那个人骂人时工作人员没有听到,只听目击者说,但女生骂人是他们亲耳听到的。而且既然他们已经知道那个人是精神有问题,所以那个人骂人就可以被理解了,他们无法和精神病理论,只好要求那个女生了,不过如果工作人员能早点给女生调位置就好了,而不是告诉那个女生给那个男的调位置。

网友要理智,不要被利用了,不要只听一面之词,都是中国人听到这种同胞被侮辱的情况,肯定会激动和帮忙讨公道,我们要的是公正而不是激化矛盾。

英国一些新闻网站已经有了,相对比较公正,而不是一面之词,目击者说并没有听到 “Chinese pig", 而是听到f*** back to your seat. 那个男的有病,当事人也说了,那个人会翻白眼和浑身发抖。工作人员在飞机上息事宁人是对的,不可能和有病的人一直争下去。做的不好的是,当时工作人员说要调男的位置而没有实现,完全可以先保证调那个女生的位置,我觉得工作人员是不想在飞机上刺激有病的人。

国外网站下的一些评论:
Bat***
I think she made it up. The reason? The word ‘pig’ isn’t used as an insult in English- at least not in that way. If she’d been called a bch, or ahole, or something like then, then maybe.
But ‘pig’ isn’t an English language insult- except used to refer to someone who eats too much. Stop pigging all the pies etc.
But… ‘pig’ IS used as an insult in Chinese. Or so my work mate tells me.
So- I think she either made it up or exaggerated.

dav****
There’s no excuse for racism, if that’s what the incident was.
However, it has to be said that the behaviour of Chinese tourists at times is nothing short of atrocious.
An example- on a recent international flight I witnessed a very elderly gentleman taking some time to manoeuvre himself into a position where he could sit down. As a result the aisle was temporarily held up.
A middle aged Chinese passenger barged past the passenger next to the older man, and bowled him into the row of seats, causing him to fall across his seat and the adjacent passenger. Her travelling companions then followed past her, none of them stopping to assist. The man was quite shaken.
So while I’m not excusing racism, sometimes people need to look at why they garner the reactions that they do.
1 reply+14

Sco***
I’m sure its inadvertent but this comment is in itself racist. Queuing and waiting in line is a foreign concept to many Asians, and they will not do it. For us her behaviour was inappropriate, but for her it was probably perfectly normal.

So when an Asian lady blocked the aisle on my last plane trip (she decided to stand in the aisle and unpack / repack her cabin luggage) my compromise behaviour was to stand directly behind her and say “Excuse me” twice. When that was met with no reaction whatsoever I then barged past her. There was no reaction at all from her when I (and the following passengers) did it, so obviously it was what she expected us to do.

Elli***
Well said Richard Branson! Couldn’t agree more with your statements in this article!
1 reply+13

BillyIC***
I totally agree with you. Love the last thing he said. “But before you post send a tweet or post a comment, ask yourself if you would be happy to say that to someone face to face,”. So true!
+4

Unsy***
Trial by social media again
+8

dav***
trial by social media…
+4

laza101***
That’s sorta like blaming the gun when someone gets shot.

Andrew***
Typical social media and the angry jerks who frequent it, who have nothing better to do.
+5

Yeh****
Richard Branson obviously doesn’t know about “listen and believe”. Maybe he heard about the incident about the Muslim woman on a flight who went on social media about being denied a Coke Zero because she claimed the flight attendants said she was likely to use it as a weapon.

die***
The first child to run to Mummy crying is always the innocent one. Or, so our pathetic society believes.
+10

D***
There’s always two sides to a story…
5 replies+18

Far***
3 actually
+6

ned kell****
sometimes 3, his, hers + the truth
+8

ddf11****
There’s actually three sides to a story - person ones side, person twos side AND what actually happened/was said
1 reply+4

Tomahaw*****
Actually there are 4 sides to this story; the accuser, the accused, the truth, and the PC cowering-finger wagging-“soooo offended!” mobsters. These publicity seeking midgets need to develop a sense of proportion and analyse what caused such a hostile reaction. Elementary Watson…!
+2

Kid Curr****
Usually:

• His side

• Her side

• His lawyers side

• Her lawyers side

• The side that gets reported in the media

• The side that people who read the story then make up.

• The truth

In any dispute truth is always the first casualty.
+4

Fiona****
Parkinsons can also develop a form of dementia so that may have accounted for the outburst.Always 2 sides…
1 reply+13

gin***
Maybe she did something to warrant such an outburst??
+12

Goo*
After travelling internationally during chinese new year, I’m not surprised to hear this reaction…
+22

我觉得以上外国人的评论还是相对公正的,我们这些键盘侠到底了解多少真相就开始做出评判和谴责?

好像太晚了, 今天看到维珍的Facebook下面有上千华人打1分,然后评论都是有攻击性的,现在没人在乎真相了,国人舆论肯定向着女孩那边。维珍肯定会损失客人。

那个人是个有病的残疾人,那个女生有回骂过,和一个有病的人怎么争?工作人员肯定想息事宁人,不然在飞机上闹大就不好了,对大家安全有影响。

他是怎么知道你的座位是62c的??